Sunday, August 3, 2008

Pho the Love of...

My first meal back in Los Angeles. Of course, I had to call Tory for Pho 97 in Chinatown. And it's on the way home. I love the part where I roll my bag the mile and a half from Union Station (thanks to FlyAway bus's $4 one-way to/from LAX) to Chinatown.

Anyway, we love that Pho 97. It used to be owned by Tommy's parents (then called Pho 79). They sold the business to him and his wife and to get a "fresh" start but not freak people out with the change, he switch the 7 and 9 around.

It's still the same great place. But now, I've changed a bit. The portions have always been rather big, whether I ordered pho, bun, or a rice plate. So after the smaller portions of macrobiotics, I opted for two spring rolls and a bowl of soup.

The service is always friendly and drinks are served so quickly that I barely finish squeaking out "cafe sua da" (iced espresso with condensed milk) before it's placed on the table. This place is a little more authentic than some of the other pho places that I've been to on the westside and in Pasadena which is why I like it and travel for it. Yum, maybe I'll go again before we're out of here...


No comments: