Friday, August 8, 2008

So Much for Eating in...

I couldn't help myself. I was on Hwy 134 going west and passing Fish King anyway. So I stopped by my favorite fish monger (Glendale Ave exit off the 134, head north. It's on the right just after the gas station). Along with selling fresh fish, seafood, and some poultry, they have a "galley" where they sell hot and cold prepared foods. Usually I get a regular salad and fried oysters. I passed on the salad this time cuz I never finish it and had an appointment right afterward.

Y'know, if you can't go fishing yourself, this is the next best thing. I have made some pretty tasty salmon nigiri, poke, and spicy tuna rolls from their sashimi-grade stuff. And if you're lazy, like I was on Thursday, then the galley is awesome. 

They must have some really hot oil back there because the fried stuff is always tender and moist on the inside and then crispy and golden on the outside.

If you like deep fat fried things, they have plenty. They have many salads as well, but that's not as fun. Besides, I can make a salad anytime. I don't really have a deep fryer to make the golden panko crust just perfect.

If only I could have saved an order to bring home, but y'know how that goes...to soggy-ville. Instead, it's more miso soup and, uh, peanut butter toast for dinner. What can I say, my fridge and pantry have never been so bare. Either that or I'm regressing to my college days.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

mmmm... fried sea things with malt vinegar. I'm way over due for some fish & chips. and we all have some culinary regression now & then. It's all about the comfort food, baby!