Monday, November 16, 2009

Vanessa Loves Star Trek

Ok, so Star Trek isn't food but I loved the flick, it's coming out on DVD...and ever since Alias, I have been a fan of J.J. Abrams.

I have been enjoying Star Trek since before it became a franchise but I am not as fanatical as other Trekkies. For instance, I've been told that my cousin has recreated the bridge of the Enterprise in one of the rooms of his house...now that's a man cave.

Anyway, in honor of movie-time, here's a homemade version of the popular Hurricane Popcorn that I can only seem to find in stores in Hawaii. Now you can make it at home.

Take:
1 bag popped microwave popcorn (or pop 1/4 c. of kernals on stovetop)
3 TBL melted butter
1-1/4 c. arare/kakimochi (bite-sized Japanese rice crackers)
1/4 c. furikake

Shake in a 2 qt. plastic bag or a large popcorn bowl with lid. Feel free to increase the amount of butter, it would be more in line with the original recipe. Besides, you have to compensate for all the butter that will stick to the bag/container, right?

Oh, and if you don't like rice crackers, you can sub in wasabi peas or peanuts.

So enjoy with your favorite movie, perhaps Star Trek...uh, tomorrow.

No comments: