Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Today, the dudes dished it out. As they should, right, ladies?

Of course, I was too busy relaxing to have remembered to take a picture of the brothers preparing a fantastic Mexican meal (for their wives and mother). Handmade flour tortillas, black beans, chorizo, eggs, and potatoes with all the fixins. We had fruit salad and honey-sweetened yogurt for dessert. (Oh, and I was too busy eating to take pictures. Sorry!)

It was fabulous. And why wouldn't it? My brother-in-law, Ken, is the director of one of the culinary school's here in Portland and he studied and practiced the cuisine in Oaxaca back in the day.

So Happy Mother's Day to all you ladies who have the rewarding yet challenging job of raising the world's young people. And a special shout out to Mama Lee (who doesn't know how to use the internet).

I love you, Ma...and thanks for everything. Sorry for all the headaches from when I was age 16 to about 25...

No comments: