Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Many Flavors of One 3 lb. Chicken

I used to be a vegetarian...or a "fish"-etarian. I couldn't give up sushi. But that's another story rife with hilarity and well, ultimate failure. I am no longer a vegetarian after all. But I did learn a lot about alternative protein sources and that one can actually O.D. on peanut butter.

When I cook, I try to think about all the ways I can use every ingredient to its fullest extent. I'm most proud of multi-stage cooking/eating of a roast chicken. So follow me and Bakee Chicky on our culinary adventure. You can find a Bakee Chicky of your own at any grocery store deli or (if you're into such tom cookery...) in your oven. Over the next few blog posts, we will be tempting your tummy with much more than simple roasty goodness.

Usually I bake my own but I was feeling a bit lazy and they were being packaged just as I was approaching. It's like fresh popped popcorn...who can resist? And who has time during a busy work week. These birds run about $5-8 depending on where you shop (more if you're going organic).

I will show you how to make this chicken into 5 (count 'em 5) tasty and distinctly different meals for two (or for one if you're a big eater). Follow me...

No comments: