Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Another Happy Endings

The Happy Endings Bar and Restaurant in Hollywood is on Sunset Blvd. just east of La Brea Blvd. Betty, one of my now ex-co-workers, told me that it used to be the local Acapulco's.

Happy Endings is a place that has drink specials like "Squeeze My Grapes," "The Big Squirt," and "Lick My Lychee Martini." This is the kind of place I take my friends.

Happy Endings is where my culinary friends and I gathered after the last day of school. I took my co-workers there the evening after my last day of work. We got there a few minutes before 7pm--just before happy hour (you ever notice that it always lasts more than an hour?) ended. We quickly ordered a pitcher of margaritas and a platter of nachos. The margaritas were a little weak and the nachos came with fake cheese sauce.

Laura (originally from Mexico City) was a little disappointed. We asked for jalapeno slices on the side and that helped. We stayed for many hours and played terribly long (meaning we were terrible players) games of pool for a dollar each. That's why I like this place. Their truffle fries and Ring of Fire onion rings are good, too. Apparently they have bottomless mimosas during their Sunday brunch. I don't expect them to be too strong but if you drink enough, you'll probably get your money's worth.

No comments: