Monday, July 28, 2008

Susu's Bakery Boutique

Susu's Bakery Boutique has the distinction of being 50 feet away from the door of Blue Ginger, Ming Tsai's restaurant in Wellesley, Massachusetts. Come back later (uh, Loreen) for more firsthand Blue Ginger experience...

On a little excursion with my new macrobiotic friends (who shall remain nameless), we stopped into the bakery. Sigh. I can't believe I've already fallen off the wagon. I resisted for a moment or two distracting myself with the shiny inedible baubles in the boutique, but the call of sugar, white flour and butter was too much. 

Unfortunately these cute mini-cupcakes did not hit the spot. I don't know if it's because I've been on this sugarless meal plan for the last few days or what (y'know, it's like when you go on a low-sodium diet then have a regular meal at a restaurant) but I didn't enjoy them as much as I thought I would and then I got a headache afterward.

It's funny. I love cupcakes too. They are bites of cake with 3x's as much icing as you would get from slice of that size. We got a sampling of all of the cupcakes. It was a pretty basic selection--yellow or chocolate cake, buttercream or chocolate frosting, and then one with grated coconut. 

Although the service there was excellent, I wouldn't recommend seeking this place out. However, if you need a sugar fix and you're already on Washington Street in Wellesley, it might hit the spot.

No comments: